Review: Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with Sally Hansen and was not compensated for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Everyone loves pretty nails, but as a college student it can be hard to go to the nail salon every two weeks to get a manicure. I was so excited when I saw a commercial for the new Sally Hansen Miracle Gel nail polish. I immediately went to my nearest drug store and picked up the product.

These polishes are sold separately, but my particular drug store was currently out of the Miracle Gel Top Coat. After looking around a little more, I came across a display with combination packs of the nail polish and the top coat. Perfect! 

The instructions were easy enough, two coats of nail polish and a coat of top coat. (Allowing for drying in between each). 

One of the reasons I have always disliked painting my nails was because I was constantly having to repaint them every 3 days from chipping. This particular nail polish claims to last for 14 days, like most gel polish from a nail salon. 

I am not sure if I am rough on my nails or wash my hands too much, but the polish lasted me a good week and then started chipping and peeling off. Although, I was very impressed with the appearance of my nails and the gorgeous color. 

One of the other problems I came across with this polish, was trying to take it off when some starts to peel/chip. Some of the nails are easy to just peel off but others are more stubborn. The Sally Hansen website says that any nail polish remover will remove the polish and there is no need for soaking, wrapping or scraping. Wrong-o. Although the polish starts to chip, the places it is not chipping are most definitely stuck on your finger! 

It is a little harder to scrub off the polish with nail polish remover than the average regular nail polish, but over all I think it is worth the money. My nails felt so pretty!!! 


Sarah Beth Bosco


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin

About

20 Something.Clemson University. Fashion Lover. Photography. Shopping.Kappa Delta. Trying to figure out life one day at a time.